Thursday, July 15, 2010

The nursery






So here is the completed nursery. The glider will eventually move into this room once I go back to work and it will sit in the corner next to the dresser. I wish the pictures would show how fabulous it really looks, but they don't, so tough. I went with turquoise and bright yellow as my color inspiration.

We will be adding our maternity photographs and pictures of the the little punkin' on the walls once we get those. I am still on the lookout for a bright yellow rug for the middle of the floor and a crib skirt, but so far no such luck. I decided to leave the walls white because we'd have to paint over them before moving out next May. So I tried to bring in the colors through the curtains and accents. Above the ultrasound art I will be adding the babe's name in colored blocks hanging by sating ribbon, I just have to wait and see if it's Caleb or Alina. I loved every second of creating this room for my babe and look forward to seeing he/she in it. Lots of love was put into this room. It's not quite how I envisioned it, but it's pretty close.

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo pretty! I love the bright, happy colors! And that tree.. where on earth did you find it?

    You know, since you're an Expecting Momma you should enter my nursing cover giveaway!
    http://meganpeter.blogspot.com/2010/07/breastfeeding-and-working-mom.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I got the tree at Babies R'Us of all places. It was only $29.99!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the nice comment :-)