Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
we had a beautiful thanksgiving filled with food, family and thanks. we hosted the holiday this year and it turned out perfectly. everyone helped with food, decorations, clean up, and running after caleb. brian only got a little stressed out ;-) i just wish that i had more time to take pictures of everything that took place and of everyone that was there.
i regret not having photos of the spread of food that was available. we had so much to eat! we were really blessed by God's bounty and love.
|turkey was prepared in a brine overnight, then stuffed with apples, cinnamon, sage, rosemary, and onions. i made a herbed butter from butter of course, sage, thyme, and nutmeg that went under the skin and all over the outside of this birdie|
|we geared up and took a break and went on a walk with babcia and benny|
|brian's stressed face in full swing as he's carving the birdie|
|caleb was clapping because he just couldn't wait to eat|
|oh and did he love his first thanksgiving meal|
|poppy even got on the floor with caleb and tried to get him|
|enjoying snacks with family in the kitchen while nana makes her delish gravy|
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
- caleb wears 18 months clothes and is really starting to need 24 month tops
- he is very shy and sensitive and tends to run to me for protection and huddle around my legs
- he cannot get enough of books, this boy loves to read and will even turn the book in the correction direction if i give it to him upside down
- he walks backwards to get to my lap and just throws himself down in it
- he likes to climb on the futon in the office, especially when we are not looking!
- he carries a remote control everywhere in the house and tried to remote control the cat and all objects
- he is still fascinated by ceiling fans and light switches, he likes to remote those too
- he is picky with food one day and then the next he will surprise us and eat what he didn't want the day before
- he definitely prefers fruit and sweeter foods over veggies
- caleb loves to walk and be outside. he tries to beeline it down the driveway and onto the street when i get him out of the car seat. he will just start walking away and screams if i try to hold his hand or pick him up, that's fun, especially at the grocery store.
- he backs down over steps or even ground. he will actually get on his tummy and step down if there is even a small uneven part like from the garage to the driveway.
- he loves to push and pull his toys all around the house.
- caleb has 9 teeth with more coming each week, poor kid is constantly teething.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
i got a new haircut and had her add bangs. i'm into bangs all of a sudden and wish that i had them this short sooner. i did get home from the salon and cut them to this length myself because they just weren't short enough. i'm pretty brave to do that, i know. but it worked out.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
we recently gave you some crayons and tried to get you to color a little bit. but you seemed to be more interested in eating all of the crayons that we set out for you. you did manage to get some lines on your superman coloring book and mama is so proud of your art.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
i woke up super late this morning and could not take a shower, shhhh don't tell anyone :-) thank goodness for long hair that i can pull up and some oscar blondi dry shampoo to save the day.