Tuesday, April 19, 2011

who's this


You see, the past few weeks, Caleb has been waking 3-5 times a night and being relentless!  He would cry non stop until he was in my arms, then like magic he stopped.  I go to put my quiet sleeping baby back in his crib, and just as I start to bend over he starts crying again.  I was losing my mind, and the mister and I were at each other's throats constantly because we were so tired. 

We tried it all, co-sleeping, Tylenol, teething stuff, gas drops, rocking, nursing to sleep (which was the only thing that worked), sleeping in the swing, doctor visits, etc...  Caleb had slept through the night, off an on, for a few month,s so I knew he was capable of doing it. Then suddenly he just stopped and turned into a very beastly boy.

But, yesterday we tried something new.  We put him down for a nap at 5:30.  He slept for an hour and 15 min.  When he woke, he nursed, ate "dinner", got a bath and then a few min of play time.  We gave him some Tylenol for his teeth, just in case, he also got some homeopathic teething gel and gas drops before I read him a story.  I then put him in his crib awake, turned on his light show, and closed the door.

He woke up this morning at 7:15am.  The mister and I got to sleep all night.  Caleb woke to a very light fuss for 3 min at 2am.  He stopped before we decided to let him fuss for another minute or 2.  I am one happy mama today.

We are on the same track today.  I so hope we have a repeat and just adding that 3rd nap in the early evening is all that he needed.  We feel like we won a medal at the Olympics finally getting him to sleep peacefully without doing any CIO stuff.

I don't want to jinx anything though, I'm still on edge and nervous that this is just a fluke.  All I can do is hope for the best and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the nice comment :-)