Thursday, February 10, 2011

a little bit of this and that

Caleb tried sweet potato today and DID NOT like it one bit.  He only took a couple bites and just spit out each one.  Then,  I tried some rice cereal afterward since he's been eating that and loves it, but he didn't seem to want that either.  I think he is on a food strike.  Maybe I fed it to him too soon after being nursed, (1 hr and 15 min)? 

I don't know when is the best time to offer solids.   I've read 2 different ways, and not sure which one is best.  Dr. Sears says to feed in between nursing sessions, since the iron absorbtion can be hindered by the breastmilk but I make the food with breastmilk so still not sure on that one.  And then I have a book, Super Baby Food, that says to nurse on one side, offer food, then finish with the other side.  Maybe I should try that way next and see.  I worry about overfeeding if I do it in between sessions, and I want to make sure he is still getting most of his calories and nutrition from the breast milk.


Caleb is also waking up in the sweetest positions.  He would always sleep on his back with his arms up over his head.  Now I am finding that he likes to turn himself to the side and sleep that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the nice comment :-)