Thursday, December 23, 2010

making an ornament

We have finally gotten around to creating Caleb's hand print ornament today.  Dada surprised us by coming home from work super early so we got to spend some quality time together before I had to scurry off like a crazy woman for last minute Christmas gifts.

We had a ton of fun creating his ornament, especially at the end when he pulled his hand up and grabbed at the goo.  His hand print has points sticking up from him grabbing onto the goop and we are leaving it that way since it was cute.

Everything about Christmas makes me so giddy and excited for Caleb.  I cannot wait for him to open up his presents from Santa with us on Christmas morning.  To sit around the tree together as a family in our jammies and just experiencing the joy through his eyes.  I look forward to the squeals and giggles of delight as he grows older and understands what those funny boxes under the tree are.



Tomorrow is a special day in my Polish family called Wigilia, where we have a feast of soups, fish, and pierogi, all homemade by my mom.  I always looked forward to this day so much as a child, and now I have my son to pass down the traditions to.  My mom was so cute and tried and tried to make gluten free pierogi until 1am but did not succeed.  So Brian just perused online and found a gfree recipe here that I will have to try for next year.  Everything else is just naturally gfree so I need not worry, but I will eat the pierogi anyway and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the nice comment :-)