Saturday, November 20, 2010

Letter to Caleb


Dear Caleb,

I am still in such wonder at how amazingly perfect and beautiful you are and what I did to deserve to raise you.

I was rocking you in my arms as you nursed like I do every night, picturing you as a grown man. I envisioned you being as tall as your daddy, and how I will then no longer be able to rock you in my arms like I am doing now. I sat and wondered what kind of man you will grow up to be. I can only dream that you will be as kind and loving as Daddy.

I will look back and cherish this very exact moment where I am holding your entire body close to mine as I watch you nurse and sleep so peacefully with no care in the world. This moment will be tucked away in a special place in my heart where I can retrieve it at any moment that I feel the desire to be reminded about the most precious time in my life.

I love you Caleb, more than I have ever loved anything in my life. You will always be that little boy that I can snuggle close to me.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the nice comment :-)