Saturday, June 5, 2010

Church Vows 6-5-10


Today we took our wedding vows in the Catholic church, it's called a convalidation ceremony. It's for couples that are married, but were not married in the church. B and I got married in a big beautiful beach wedding on July 26, 2008. I wanted to receive the sacrament of marriage through the church and it became a stronger desire as we were trying to get pregnant. The whole process took quite a while and so here we are together in front of God and I am 7 and a half months along. B is not Catholic but he saw how important this was to me and did it for me.

It was a very emotional experience for me especially having our little baby be a part of it. I kept it together until Brian turned to me and said his vows, I lost it right then and even Fr. Sherry got chocked up. It was a private ceremony, but we were surrounded by our best friends, Matt and Sue, my dad, and B's mom. It was very special and meaningful to me on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the nice comment :-)